Friday, January 28, 2011

Just walkin' along... singin' a song....

Called and made appt with Dr P for March 11 at 7:40.  Of course, I'll be asleep at that point.  But I figure he'll stop by later and we'll talk before he leaves for the day about the whose and where's and such for what's coming up next.  Still don't want to take an alternative drug to the methotrexate injections, but I just haven't felt the same since I stopped.  Was ok at first, but just kept feeling more... brittle.  That might also be from whatever's causing the liver and bone test results from yesterday to be angry too.  Who knows.  I am certain my right knee is going to give soon.  Isn't a matter of if, just a matter of when and where.  And I'm really hoping the where doesn't end up being on any of the 3 flights of stairs at the appt complex again.

Called J earlier to see if they'd heard anything yet and notta.  She said to give her a ring back around 3:30 and she'd check again but is pretty sure they won't have anything again until Mon.  Called A back in the Infusion room and told her that even though I know they're booked and I'm already on the schedule for end of Feb/early March, if I could also be added to any mysterious probably non-existent list of "hey, if someone cancels CALL ME!".  A said she'd make a note.  *shrugs*  Better than nothing I guess.

When I get home tonight I'm going to suck it up and take more of the prednisone.  Going to go ahead and just straight up to 10mg.  As I've been at 5 since last Aug or Sept, 10mg I'd like to think should take more than the edge off the pain and hopefully keep it at bay until Feb.  I just hope that still keeping it low-ish means that I don't get "the hunger" again like I had in the 20-40mg range.  Can not gain any more wait.  The joints are angry enough as is :-(

Anywho, when I hear from J will add another update.  Till then, back to getting work stuffs done and trying to survive the next 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment