Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Footprints in the sand...

Crazy busy.  Here's what we got going on:

Got a letter two days ago from Aetna saying that the way my doc put the #'s in the fields for how much time off confused them.  Well, it didn't say it JUST like that, but that's the way it turned out.  They ignored the hand written notes and just went with what was in the fields.  So.  I got to pay $50 copay this morning to see Dr P and J (that just need a B somewhere *grins*) and we talked about how I was using the FMLA which is how bossman told me to; any time I'm out at all and missing work for even a short period of time (appt, tests, etc) I need to report it under FMLA to make sure I'm CYA'd.  Shiny.  I did that.  Had that appt back on 2/3 I think it was and then the other 2/4 for the abdomen ultrasound.  Apparently just those two were enough to flag their system cause the paperwork that was turned in in December said I was going to be out at maximum once per month for up to 3 days.  Which isn't accurate given outtages for appts, tests, infusions, existing, whatever.

So, here we are.  I got up at 6 and to doc by 7. L came with me, God bless him.  He's the first person to ever go to one of these appts with me.  It was nice to have company even though I don't think he really still understands all that's going on in the health world with me.  Have to give him kudos for trying and for caring.  Really meant a lot for him to get up and dawn and go with.  Anyways, half hour of talking with Doc later and him writing me in enough time off where i could probably miss over half of every week for the next 6 months and have it covered by FMLA, I think I'm good now for having all the appts covered.  J faxed it off and gave me a copy.  Here's hoping it appeases the Aetna gods.  Especially since I had those few hours off 2/3 and 2/4, took today off because I was having a b*tch of a time getting around this morning with my 2000 parts, especially my right knee, being super angry, and  then an hour or so ago I got the call from the Imaging Center saying they got the OK from insurance to go ahead with the bone scan.

They also let me know I had a hundred and change left to pay left on my deductible to cover it.  Told them to send me a bill cause they weren't getting it right away.  Appt's tomorrow morning at 8 and then 11:30 (tries to remind self to add to phone).  "The Plan" is to go in and get infused with some radioactive something or other, go into work for a couple hours, leave for the actual scan and be back no later than 1. ....  Here's hoping ;-)  Just now need to email that to bossman.  I called and left him vm at work and haven't heard back from him yet so will go send the official email here momentarily  Hopefully I can get it approved as vacation. Though it'll be spaced out over tomorrow morning.  Points for effort.

Dr P says this bone thing is supposed to let us know if my condition is breaking me bone wise and thus causing those #'s from that other labwork to come back abnormally high.  Also told him I'm pretty sure my right knee is going to give out at some point but for spare change purposes we're putting off sending me to get an MRI done on it to see how much I really did damage it back in my Amtgard days until after all this scanning and infusing and what not is done.  Confirmed that the radioactive stuff I'm being infused with for the scan tomorrow will not effect my getting my Rituxan infusion next week and so far nothing else has come back saying anything that would prevent it.  Now is just finding spare change ;-)  Got work yesterday that our payout for work bonuses will be the 3/18 check.  Just have to wait a few more weeks to find out how review went and what, if anything, I'll be getting.

Oh!  Some good news.  Finally got the two medical bills I had outstanding from last Aug paid off.  Used 1k out of the $3750 I got back from H&R Blockhead that I need to give to the IRS to go ahead and finish paying them off and buy groceries.  Then after this next Friday's check the next 4 I'm taking $250 out of each to replenish and then will send full amount off to the IRS on 4/15 when I get that 4th paycheck to finish the replenish.  Of course depending on bonus all this paying could go much faster.  Just now expecting at minimum $500 worth of medical bills in the last month to start coming in as tomorrow is supposed to meet the last of my deductible.  Then we start into the part where they cover 90% of everything and I owe the other 10% up to my 2k out of pocket maximum.  So I still got 2k oop to look forward to the rest of this year ;-)

It'll all be shiny.  Just going to keep telling myself that.  Still givin' it no frakkin' choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment