Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I can't dance.. I can't talk... Only thing about me is the way I walk...

So Dr N called yesterday with results: I'm fat.  Well, he didn't put it QUITE that way, but he said I was overweight (duh) and that there was in fact fat on my liver and that the ideal weight for someone my height was around 165-175lbs.  ...  I reminded him I have low thyroid and am taking prednisone and he said that worst case if I hold what I've got those #'s are always going to show up high on that test but it's nothing life threatening.  Said that if they come back any stranger/higher/nutty that the next step would be a liver biopsy.  No, thank you.  Kidney was awful enough.  Can only imagine how upset liver would get being poked.

Thus my restarting Atkins diet.  Boy did fb blow up when I said that (just like the last two times).  But honestly the first time I did it I lost 20lbs over about 3 months.  That's a healthy rate of loss.  And it's the only other diet aside from Jenny Craig that's worked for me with the whole low thyroid and on predisone thing.  Goal is to lose enough to where I can reintroduce the carbs/sugar when I want (at a reasonable level) and then have enough weight lost to where when I exercise my joints/muscles aren't angry with me for days after.

Points for effort anyways.  Since I now about about 50-60lbs to lose, today's day 2 officially on diet and I've lost 1lb in the past day.  Hoping it's because I'm on a much lower dose of the prednisone that I was Spring of last year when I tried this and succeeded until the ever tempting Cookie&Cream milkshake at Chick-Fil-A ruined it for me.  Well, I ruined it for me due to giving into temptation but with doc saying that it would really be bad for me to gain more and the terrible need to lose a lot (over time), going to stick with it.  First goal is to get under 200 again.  Still haven't seen that since HS.  Then we reward with a milkshake and then keep on trucking.  Under 200 I hope to feel good enough to start exercising again.  Especially since that should be after my two Rituxan infusions coming up that I'm hoping will help with the pain again like last summer.

Here's hoping.  Now to stay warm and get as much work done via citrix as possible and avoid the ice should I venture outside.

3 comments:

  1. Mary and I have lost a collective 60lbs on low-carb dieting. Just make sure you eat your veggies as well, and take a good multivitamin. Broccoli and asparagus will be your friend, since you don't like much else that's green...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to add that it's not so much Atkins that I don't like but that you don't eat veggies. Healthier carbs (grains, whole wheats, etc.), lots of veggies and lean protein is the best. Eat your veggies honey!! Don't be eating cheeses and ground beef the whole time - your cholesterol will get high!! LOVE YOU!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol been eating meat and cheese most of my life and thus far, thankfully, cholesterol has always come back just peachy :) am taking my vitamins and also i AM eating veggies :-P contrary to popular belief, i DO like veggies. broccoli and asparagus and spinach and green beans and even carrots. as long as they're delivered to me in a non-crunchy texture, i'll eat the heck out of most veggies :-)

    ReplyDelete