Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Iron helmeted pigs and chicks with rubber duckies and bathing suit wearing frogs, oh my!

Patience ran out and went ahead and called Gastro folks to see how things were going with the bloodwork from last Thurs and the abdomen ultrasound from last Fri.  Got vm.  Nurse called back and said that Dr N was Gastro guy on call today and he was busy elsewhere but she said that he was personally going to call me back this afternoon and go over what they've got with me.  That makes me a little nervous.  Have only ever had the nurses call to give results information unless they've found something.  Must... remain... calm...

Abdomen ultrasound last Fri was pretty cool cause the lady doing it was awesome enough to let me scooch down to where I could see the monitor while she was examining my guts.  Having never taken an anatomy and physiology class, the only way I learn about my insides it to have these kinds of things come up so I took the opportunity to find out what my liver and kineys look like and have her notice an empty spot where the gallbladder used to be.  Learned what some of the basic functions of my gut organs were and where some of them were at.  Got a lot out of this visit :-)  Also, apparently L became Mr Spears when he kept me company for the trip and the lady showed up to take me in for a warm gooing and pictures.  He was completely speechless and had this dear int he headlights look like "Do I just go with it?  Do I disagree?  Will she kill me no matter what I say?"  So to save him the heartache I just told the lady "nope, just me" and that seemed to appease her.  L only relaxed a little.  I laughed.

Guess I should know more in the next 5 hours so will update when that happens.  Yaaaaaaaay.

No comments:

Post a Comment