Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sleigh bells ring, are you listenin'?...

Soooo met with Dr N this morning of the Gastroenterology dept.  We talked about family history and such and he pokes and squished and prodded and listened and his initial thoughts are that from an in person look at me, everything seems fine.  He said there's a few different things that could cause the liver function test to come back abnormal with high results and there were more than a few of my medications that could do this and taking all of them at once, that's what he's leaning towards being the cause.  We've done blood work so that should be back probably tomorrow or Mon.  Tomorrow morning he's having me go in for an ultrasound on my abdomen looking at my liver to see if there's an excess of fat on it as that can also cause the test to come back with the high results.  Should be great with the whole snow thing supposedly happening tonight.  Guess I'll be getting an early start out there in the morning!  Supposed to start at 10 and I have to be there at 9:30.  Thankfully talked them into letting me get it at the RR location right there at the hospital instead of sending me down to Far West.  LOVE the Far West folk, but... it's FW and the hospital is right there at Parmer/Mopac.  Like... right down the tollway from where I work.  So much faster.  That and FW is ALWAYS booked for awhile.  Doc said it was no problem getting me in where we were and with a couple calls I'll be there in the morning.  Glad we're getting this all done sooner than later so I can hopefully stop stressing about it soon.  Once done with Dr N's stuff then I'm pretty sure Dr P's still going to have me schedule to see someone who would be able to do more tests on the abnormal bone study #'s coming back high.  Just gotta cross that appt bridge when we get to it.

So far, still on for the next Rituxan infusion until some in between doc says to hold off.  Dr N didn't even mention that drug as being one that could cause liver issues so that's a bonus.  Need the next 22 days to CHOP CHOP!  Want to get back to having the lower prednisone dose again and not hurting.  Weighed in this morning and even though it was jeans and boots and sweater and tank under and glasses and phone and badge, still didn't like the # i saw on the scale at the Dr's office.  The upped prednisone is only part of the issue.  The other is what I'm eating (or not eating some days) and not exercising.  I was doing great on the wiifit stuff but since I can only do it in the evenings psycho downstairs that says I'm doing jumping jacks comes and bangs on the door and curses at me whenever I start up.  So to avoid her screaming my door I just haven't done anything at all.  Not sure what the next option is.  Have to find something, though, and soon.  Want to start the Atkins diet again but meat and cheese and veggies are not a cheap habit.  Will figure something out.  Have to.  Almost not fitting in these new jeans C got me when she came to visit a few weeks ago.  *sighs*

One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment